Looking back on 2010, I don’t think I managed as many FOs as I have in previous years. That said, I think my crafting output was still fairly significant – especially if you consider that I was training for a marathon and starting a new job at the time!
Here’s the obligatory mosaic of some of my 2010 crafting (mostly knitting, of course):
From left to right, starting at the top:
- Hawthorne in Shilasdair DK
- Dashing in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (recycled from my frogged Gretel)
- Tiramisu baby blanket in Anchor Style Creativa
- Liesl in RYC Cashcotton DK
- Manu in Rowan Felted Tweed
- Garter Stitch Baby Kimono in Patons Diploma Gold 4-ply
- Veyla gloves in Posh Yarn Sylvia 2-ply
- Morning Echo in Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK
- Weekender Beret in Rowan Cocoon
- Ishbel in Posh Yarn Sylvia 2-ply
- Tiny Shoes in Patons Diploma Gold 4-ply
- Hedgerow Socks (no FO photo I’m afraid!) in Old Maiden Aunt Alpaca/Merino 4-ply
- Socks for David in Patons Diploma Gold DK
- Easy Mobius Cowl in Rowan Colourscape Chunky
- Fishy Cushion from Clothkits
- Stripy Socks in Regia Kaffe Fassett 4-ply
Including a few other things that I never got round to photographing (a cowl for my sister, a Clothkits doorstop, curtains for the dining room) my crafting output for 2010 amounts to:
Knitting and crochet
1 baby blanket (crochet)
1 baby cardigan
1 pair of booties
3 pairs of adult socks
2 lace scarves/shawls
2 pairs of fingerless mitts
1 skirt (finally! After I started it 2 years ago! And now it’s too big!!)
1 pair of curtains
So what does 2011 have in store, craft-wise? I have one hibernating WIP, a Whispy Cardi in a Posh Yarn laceweight. I started it on our holiday in Kenya, but the weather turned cold before I finished it. The only problem is I don’t think I made a note of the needle size I used (it may have been 3.5s)! But that’s a problem for the spring.
Chris’s Manly Gloves have been knit, reknit, darned and generally bodged back together more times than I care to count. They’ve also stretched a great deal and are really too big, as well as being increasingly fragile. So yesterday I cast on for a new pair for him, again in Felted Tweed. I’m radically downsizing them – making the Medium rather than the Large as well as using a smaller needle size – and I’m going to knit one glove, then wash and block it to see if that’s a better fit.
I got a copy of Brave New Knits for Christmas, and my Mum has requested a Sprouting Cloche hat in some soft purple acrylic I bought to make her a cardigan (but the pattern was appalling, lacking basic information about gauge, so I gave it up as a bad job).
Other than that, I don’t really know! I have some vague plans but they are subject to change on a whim!
Just one more thing to say: Happy 2011, everyone!