I am emerging from hibernation! I haven’t blogged any of my recent FOs (most of which were Christmas presents, and at least three of which I failed to photograph), so I thought I’d just do a big Christmas FO/review of 2009 post.
Christmas knits from this year:
- A sweater for my sister (Cozy V-neck Pullover with Deep Ribbing, from Fitted Knits).
- A pair of Cairn mitts, also for my sister.
- A Shroom slouchy hat for my friend Diane.
- Knucks fingerless gloves for my friend Jonathan.
- Two Turn-a-Square hats, one for my friend Luc and one for my sister’s partner, Matt.
I only managed to photograph the sweater and the Turn-a-Square hats – I was ill for a week before Christmas and completely forgot to photograph the other things in amongst the Christmas-preparation chaos.
Here’s a photographic summary of my 2009 in knitting (the first two photos are the Christmas sweater and one of the Christmas hats):
All my 2009 knitting photos can be seen here on Flickr, but the full list comprises:
5 sweaters or cardigans
1 baby cardigan
4 pairs of gloves
2 shawls (one full-sized stole, one triangular shawlette)
Lots of buttonholes for the wedding
I think, if 2008 was the Year of the Sweater, 2009 was definitely the Year of Lace. Print O’ the Wave, Liesl, Hap, Veyla and Laminaria (Ravelry project links) were my lace projects for the year, and I really enjoyed knitting them all. I’m currently halfway through a yellow Ishbel (on hold until the cold snap passes – all I want to knit at the moment is snuggly woolly stuff!).
My knitting goals for 2009 were to knit more sweaters (check), knit lace (check) and have a go at colourwork. I didn’t manage the latter, but I am about to cast on for some socks in brown/grey/green Noro Kureyon (probably contrasted with some steel-grey Patons Diploma Gold 4-ply) – either Ziggy or Red Herring. So maybe 2010 will be the Year of Stranding – who knows?
So what are my plans for crafting in 2010?
Left to right, starting with the top row:
- RYC Silk Cotton (a Kemps “mystery bag” – two different dyelots, but I can’t see any difference). I’m planning some sort of lacy cardigan, possibly a February Lady Sweater.
- Posh Yarn Maisie, colourway “Copse”. Finally, I found the perfect coloured laceweight for that mythical Muir I keep saying I’m going to knit!
- Rowan Purelife Organic Cotton (another Kemps bargain) – 5 balls in beige and 5 in lemon. Not sure what I’ll do with this – possibly some sort of baby items? The only problem is it’s hand wash only…
- Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace, colourway “Milk Chocolate”. I love the subtle colouring of this skein – I’m planning a Featherweight Cardigan once the weather warms up.
- Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK, colourway “Peacock”. I’ve had this in my stash for ages, and I’m now thinking another cardigan would be nice – maybe Morning Echo or Coraline.
- Clothkits fish cushion cover kit – I really must get that sewing machine out again!
- Clothkits birdie skirt – I started this during the 2008 Olympics and haven’t finished it yet…
- Owls sweater – nearly finished, just waiting for another ball of wool to finish the neck.
- Yellow Ishbel – half finished, waiting for the weather to warm up so I feel like knitting with laceweight again!
But first, off to make a decision which pattern to use for those stranded socks…
Happy New Year everyone, and happy knitting in 2010!