I’ve been working on a Laminaria shawl in the Posh Yarns Sylvia that I posted a picture of last time. It hasn’t gone particularly well, so far – nothing to do with the pattern or yarn, just me making mistakes and not paying attention. I dropped some stitches in the border and didn’t manage to pick them up in a satisfactory manner (ie in pattern), so I have a small hole in the border. I ploughed on, thinking nobody would see the hole once it’s finished, but then I noticed this:
The stitches on one side of the central “spine” stitch are looser than on the other side. Browsing the Laminaria KAL on Ravelry tells me that this is a relatively common problem. I thought about it for a while, and then decided that, since I’m not that far into the project and I’m a perfectionist, I’m going to frog it and start again. Someone on the KAL suggested twisting the stitches before and after the central spine, so I’ll give that a try.
Meanwhile, I have finished and blocked Vivian (at last!). The upper sleeves are a wee bit looser than I’d like, but everything else fits beautifully and I’ll be able to wear long-sleeved tops under it. I just need to put in a zip – which is not a trivial task as I’ve never done it before! It won’t be this weekend as we’re off to Yorkshire to visit Chris’s parents, but hopefully I’ll be snuggling up in it soon.
Right, off to the frog pond!